How does it all work?
Consigning with Mod Uncorked
Step One is up to you! Clean out your closets of all those amazing items and fashion pieces that are still great, but are starting to collect dust and you simply don't grab for them anymore.
(You know the rule, if it hasn't been worn in a year, it's time for it to go!)
Step Two: Bring your items in a bag/bin clearly labeled with your name and phone number. NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED but we do often pause intake if we are full. Please call or check our social media to ensure we are currently accepting items. We accept consignment 6 days/week - Saturdays are the only day we do not take in consignment.
We accept women’s clothing, bags, shoes, and accessories. We specialize in contemporary, classic, luxury, streetwear and vintage pieces.
- All items must be cleaned prior to consigning. Please check your items for wear, pilling, holes, snags, stains, etc...
- Please ensure your items are in current season at the time of appointment. If you are unsure please message us and we can assist you asses your pieces prior to you bringing them in.
- Items can be brought in a container or bags and do not bring items on hangers.
- We will go through your pieces during your appointment and return to you any items that we feel we cannot sell.
- Consignment terms are 14 weeks and there will be a consignment contract to sign once we have gone through your items.
- Items cannot be taken back once they are in their consignment term.
- Once your term in over you can choose to have unsold items donated/used in our clothing swaps or returned to you.
- Please write down your contract date in your calendar as you are required to contact us at the end of your term. It is the client's responsibility to contact us once your term is over.
- You are free to use your consignment credit at any time during your consignment term. At the end of your term you will receive an e-transfer once you contact us.
- If you chose to have your items be returned to you after your term, please contact us to make an appointment as we need 1 week to gather your pieces. If you don't contact us or you don't show up to your appointment, your items will be donated.
- Items not picked up after 1 week from from term end will be donated to a charity of our choice.
Brands we accept:
Here is a list of just some of the brands we take but not limited to. There is simply too many fabulous brands out there we couldn't possibly name them all, but this will give you an idea of the type of pieces that do really well with our customers.
Vintage 50's-early 2000's, Kate Spade, AllSaints, Coach, Rag & Bone, Lululemon, Madewell, Fabletics, Poppy Barley, Vince, Fluevogs, Anthropologie, 7 for all Mankind, Aritzia, Ted Baker, Free People, Theory, J. Crew, Zara, Everlane, Canada Goose, Alo, Denim Forum, DVF, Adidas, Puma, Nike, Citizens of Humanity, Kit & Ace, Chloe, LV, YSL, and All Luxury Brands.
Brands we do not typically accept:
We know some of these brands can be super cute, however there are certain brands that do not retain their value and therefore do not sell well. Here is a list of some of the brands we do not currently accept:
H&M, Forever 21, Garage, Dynamite, Smart Set, Cleo, Gap, Old Navy, Ardene, Joe Fresh, Shein
If you are unsure about a brand simply pack it in your bag and we will let you know once we review your items for consignment.
- Prices are determined based on original retail, style, condition, demand and resale value
- Consignees receive 40% commission on items sold ( luxury brands receive 50%) - We determine that during your contract signing appointment
- After 2 months your items will be reduced by 25%
- After 3 months your items will be reduced by 50% or more
Platforms we sell on:
- Mod Uncorked Website - Our website is a very curated platform, we reserve the right to list whatever items we feel are appropriate.
- Poshmark Closet - Our Poshmark platform and following is very large and makes it more likely your pieces will sell quickly. Please keep in mind that Poshmark takes 20% of sales for fees. The payout for your item(s) will reflect the price after fees have been deducted. We tend to price items a little higher on the Poshmark platform to offset these fees.
- Instagram - We showcase "New in the Shop" items 4-5 days per week on our Instagram Stories for shoppers and followers to be able to shop instantly through that platform. We also run 1-2 large InstaStories sales per month for extra traffic and sales.
- Payouts are processed at the end of your four month term.
- All payouts are paid out by e-transfer.
- You can use your credit to purchase from ModUncorked at any time during your term. Please inquire about this option at any time.
- Payouts will be held up for up to 6 months from the end of your term and then will expire.