How does it all work?
Consigning with Mod Uncorked
Step One is up to you! Clean out your closets of all those amazing items and fashion pieces that are still great, but are starting to collect dust and you simply don't grab for them anymore.
(You know the rule, if it hasn't been worn in a year, it's time for it to go!)
Step Two: Email or message us on instagram to book a Consignment Appointment.
We accept women’s clothing, bags, shoes, and accessories. We specialize in contemporary, classic, luxury, streetwear and some vintage pieces.
- All items must be cleaned prior to consigning. Please check your items for wear, pilling, holes, snags, stains, etc...
- Please ensure your items are in current season at the time of appointment. If you are unsure please message us and we can assist you asses your pieces prior to you bringing them in.
- Items can be brought in a container or bags and do not need to be hung on hangers.
- We will go through your pieces during your appointment and return to you any items that we feel we cannot sell.
- Consignment terms are four (4) months long and there will be a consignment contract to sign once we have gone through your items.
- Items cannot be taken back once they are in their consignment term.
- Once your term in over you can choose to have unsold items donated or returned to you.
- Items not picked up after 1 month from term end will be donated to a charity of our choice.
Brands we accept:
Here is a list of just some of the brands we take but not limited to. There is simply too many fabulous brands out there we couldn't possibly name them all, but this will give you an idea of the type of pieces that do really well with our customers.
Kate Spade, AllSaints, Coach, Rag & Bone, Lululemon, Madewell, Fabletics, Poppy Barley, Vince, Fluevogs, Anthropologie, 7 for all Mankind, Aritzia, Ted Baker, Free People, Theory, J. Crew, Zara and All Luxury Brands.
Brands we do not typically accept:
We know some of these brands can be super cute, however there are certain brands that do not retain their value and therefore do not sell well. Here is a list of some of the brands we do not currently accept:
H&M, Forever 21, Garage, Dynamite, Smart Set, Tan Jay, Cleo, Gap, Old Navy, Ardene
If you are unsure about a brand simply pack it in your bag and we will let you know once we review your items for consignment.
- Prices are determined based on original retail, style, condition, demand and resale value
- Consignees receive 40% commission on items sold
- After 2 months your items will be reduced by 25%
- After 3 months your items will be reduced by 50%
Platforms we sell on:
- Mod Uncorked Website - Our website is a very curated platform, we reserve the right to list whatever items we feel are appropriate.
- Poshmark Closet - Our Poshmark platform and following is very large and makes it more likely your pieces will sell quickly. Please keep in mind that Poshmark takes 20% of sales for fees. The payout for your item(s) will reflect the price after fees have been deducted. We tend to price items a little higher on the Poshmark platform to offset these fees.
- Instagram - We showcase "New in the Shop" items 4-5 days per week on our Instagram Stories for shoppers and followers to be able to shop instantly through that platform. We also run 1-2 large InstaStories sales per month for extra traffic and sales.
- Payouts are processed at the end of your four month term.
- All payouts are paid out by e-transfer.
- You can use your credit to purchase from ModUncorked at any time during your term. Please inquire about this option at any time.
- Payouts will be held up for up to 6 months from the end of your term and then will expire.